Friday, July 17, 2009

Family Reunion in Seattle!

We just got back fromSeattle this past week, it was sooooo fun & beautiful! The first day we got there, my parents, Brandon and I went to downtown Seattle and played around at the Pike Place Market! I loved looking at all the fresh flowers, artists' work, and fresh food (fish, Bing cherries, all sorts of produce)! My mom bought us a lot of berries while we were there, which are incomparable anywhere else in the U.S. I'd venture to say! We went out to eat in a restaurant with their windows open, the breeze and sun making it a perfect temperature, over looking the Sound. We ate ice cream too! Which was reaaaaalllly nice because Brandon and I had been dieting hardcore the previous week (we're getting skinny for a cruise next month), no carbs!
The next day was the reunion, it was my Grandma's family, the Larson's. It was really fun to see all of my family! I didn't get any pictures that day, but I'm sure my sister, Heather did! Look on her blog! :) Although we went to the Point Defiance Park Zoo with Dan and his little girls while at the reunion. Zoe with the mammoth Walrus, and Hannah with the "ceamy!"


Later that night a bunch of my cousins and Dad & I all got together to play Settlers of Catan....I'm not gonna brag too much but.......lets just say....I REPRESENTED two nights in a row! And did I forget to mention that we played a nine or ten person game of Settlers (won that game right down there-oops, guess i am bragging a lot!)

We stayed at my Aunt Sherry and Uncle Tim's house, they're AMAZING hosts! They lived right by the Pudget Sound, Brandon and I went on a walk by the golf course...it was so beautiful there, I grew up 3 minutes away from this view. I was nine when I left Tacoma, you don't understand anything when your nine. It must've been so amazing to have all of our family so close and in such a great area.


8 comments:

Sara said...

Love the little blue cardigan (i think thats what it is) witht the white flowers? Where'd you get it? Seattle looked awesome. loveyaaa

Whittney and Ryan said...

oh how fun i love Seattle! i was there with my fam last year this time... you look super cute! okay and my nerdy side coming out here.. i love love love settlers of catan! how do you play with 9-10?? we have only ever played with six using an expansion pack, i must know how you did this, and I am impressed you winning BOTH nights! love and miss you!!!

{amy k.} said...

Oh yes- a fresh market... wish we had a good one around here. I'd love to go buy fresh flowers and yummy produce every week.

I miss you too! We need to get together soon!

Erin said...

Looks like it was fun, and a nice break from the heat. I would love that right about now. And I love the peonies in that one picture. Glad to hear my parents were good hosts!;) I need to get back to visit, it has been too long.

G.O. Garrison said...

you look hot and i'm pretty sure your diet is working :) where are yall cruisin to? x Oliv

julieb said...

i totally remember. best night of settlers ever. rematch over Christmas.
julie

Molly Gehring said...

don't let your settlers success go to your head Laura. I l want a re-match!!

Andrew and Haley said...

You guys look great!! Wish we were closer so we could see more of you! Take care!