Monday, February 8, 2010

York/Elijah/Levi/Magnus/Garret

Let me just say how grateful I am...

...When I found out this babe was a boy I left out the detail that the doctors found cysts on his brain and it freaked me out! It was really sad because that day was supposed to be a fun and magical day full of shopping, thinking of names, and starting nursery themes. But I was depressed about the cysts, they told me the cysts are really common and not to freak out, but of course I did. Brandon will attest to it. These cysts, theres a medical name for them but I can't remember, have been linked to down-syndrome, so I was worried. (Not that theres anything wrong with a child that has down-syndrome--I would love my child just as much don't get me wrong.) You just panic when your a mom, that's a lesson I'm learning, I always worry about him...I just love him sooo much and want everything to be perfect for him!

So back to today! Thankfully my two girlfriends came with me to my appointment for support cause I was really nervous--they helped calm me down and brought good luck! The doc said the cysts resolved and he looked perfect! I feel bad cause I went in lacking faith. I had prepared myself for bad news. Shame on me. Brandon gave me a blessing that said he would be healthy and strong and his cysts would dissolve. So yay!

On a brighter, more visual note...here's some inspiration for the boy's room!

-Vintage Football-
I love the emotion and tone of this painting, I want to emulate this in his room.

I love these boots and am planning on buying a pair off ebay. I LOVE the color palette (imagine browns, tans, and creams...)

I want to buy this photo and frame it.

I've already collected two of Brandon's peewee football trophies and I'm going to spray paint them bronze. Brandon and I bought this vintage football helmet made of leather off ebay and I can't wait for it to get here!!! Also, my mom had this vintage football which she let me have and it sparked my whole theme. I should have started this paragraph with that last sentence, oh well.

I want the walls of the room to be in cream, with an argyle painting technique (matt and glossy), with cherry furniture. So the overall colors (creams, browns, tans, and bronze as the metallic) and feel will hopefully be calm, clean, serene, but masculine with browns.

Sorry if you can't visualize with me, but I know it's gonna look rad.

10 comments:

julieb said...

love love the room idea, and so glad your baby is cyst free

Courtney Bartlett Morris said...

Lora bora! You didn't tell me about the cysts you are in trouble. I'm glad that everything worked out. Love you

Sara said...

YYYYAYY so glad everything was just perfect. he will be so perfect. I can not wait to see him! (and that baby room! Sounds awwwesome!) love yaaaaaa

Super B said...

Of course it is going to be rad. I can totally visual it!! Oh, how awesome!!
Also, I am glad things worked out with the cysts. How wonderful!!

LanceandNance said...

I had forgot about your love of the name York. Remember how I liked the name Thursby? John really lucked out on that one. The room sounds totally cute and I know your boy will be just perfect!

-Nancy

Emily Gillrie said...

That is a really cool idea. I love how your night using bright greens and blues which would be an obvious choice for a boys room. I totally love everything about it.

Sam and Jackie Chapman said...

That sounds perfect! It's a very unique idea compared to the classic baseball and zoo themes! By the way did you guys move out of that apartment cause I don't remember a second room?

Whittney and Ryan said...

its going to look rad for sure, so exciting!

Unknown said...

I love, love the vintage football theme and think i should do the same thing but for baseball. Creams and browns are just purely wonderful for a baby boy's room. and it's so funny how sick similiar we are because garrett and elijah were two of our possible names. Guess we're sisters grill. (baby face) but Elle has chosen Levi and I think you should weigh her opinion. and please change your background, i just don't like the sparliness/high school-ness of it:) Longest comment ever, maybe I should just call.

anna said...

congratulations on your baby boy JOY! boys are really amazing. you are going to make a wonderful mommy!!